miércoles, 16 de diciembre de 2009

Que Paso con mi English??

Apparently, the mark of a gringo who´s been in Peru too long, is that they just can´t decide what language they want to speak. Lamentablemente, I think that´s happening to me. I´ve acustombrar-ed here, (readjust? what does THAT mean?) and am slowly getting the hang of the language. Very very slowly. I have no idea what I will sound like when I regressar (regress? I think I mean ´return´) to the Good Ole Estados.

There´s more than just verbal language to get used to here, it´s kind of like learning to break a secret code. You have to wait a certain amount of time before deciding that the person you´re talking to just didn´t understand you, there´s a little song and dance when entering a room (tehre´s actually not, you just have to greet absolutely everyone in the room with a cheek kiss or a handshake), among various other things.

I´ve only been here in site about 3 weeks, but so far, I think i´m adjusting really well. except to the time management thing. i think i acabarred my cabina tiempo. :(

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario