sábado, 17 de octubre de 2009

Sube, Sube! Baja, Baja!

I am sick. I have contracted a sickness to which the only treatment is to just let it runs it´s course. Treating the symptoms includes things like: excessive use of my passport. jumping around the time zones. breathing recycled air in giant tubes at 3000 feet. 34 minute layovers in a mile long terminal. joining the peace corps and moving to the developing world. So far, I´m doing pretty well on the last one.

We´re about halfway through training at this point, and everyone is EXTREMELY anxious to get to their sites. We´re training in a smallish town outside of Lima, which is on the central coast of Peru. I just can´t seem to get myself away from the Pacific! I am in no way, however, complaining about this. I will complain that it is a 2.5 hours combi ride to the ocean, however. and it´s polluted. More about combis and pollution in a paragraph or two.

Actually, more in a day or two. Peruvians have an abundance of internet cafes, and i can never seem to be productive with my time in them. :)

2 comentarios:

  1. this seems an awful lot like an online blog-a-ma-sphere. will i be getting simi-regualar lisa news?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Depending on how often you write, yes. :)

    ResponderEliminar